We are what we eat.

Before Oscar was born cooking a great meal seemed like a nice idea, but I would preheat the oven and put the pizza in instead. Now that Oscar is here, I realize that soon he will be eating the same meal I am and I just can’t imagine filling his little tummy with all the preservatives and “fake” food that I was putting in mine. So for a while now I have been trying a new recipe here and there, doing “test runs” for when Oscar eats “big people” food. I also want Oscar to see us eat good food and someday I want him to learn how to prepare healthy snacks for himself, and if it is possible to choose an apple over chips (do you think I can make that happen?). It is very important for me to teach him about where our food comes from and to show him how simple foods can come together to make a beautiful meal. I love this website for that exact reason, beautiful photos, simple foods, and delicious meals.


It is so nice that Organic baby food is sold everywhere, however, I feel like I don’t have many choices when it comes to variety. I want to expose Oscar to as many fruits and vegetable now and hopefully he will keep trying new things throughout his life. I have been making some of his baby food to fill a void in the lack of fruits and vegetables available to us. So far we have tried homemade avocado, banana, and pumpkin, but are excited to try many others. I refer back to this website often , if you are interested in making your own baby food check it out.
And....for dessert one of my all time favorite websites.



I love the photos, I love the font, and the cupcakes....my goodness the cupcakes!



What are some of your favorite food websites?

1 comment: