Coffee Sleeve Tutorial

I think these coffee cup sleeves are a cute gift for teachers, co-workers, your favorite mail carrier, babysitter, friends, sisters, mothers... the list goes on and on.
They are very easy to make too.

The supplies you will need are...
  • a coffee cup with a sleeve
  • scissors
  • pen or marker
  • a glue gun and glue sticks
  • piece of felt
  • any other fabric scraps, ribbons, buttons, anything that you would like to use to personalize it.


1) Remove the original coffee sleeve from the cup and carefully pull it apart. Lay it out flat on your piece of felt.


2) Trace around the coffee sleeve.


3) Cut out your new coffee sleeve from the felt.


4) Fold it in, and over lap the end pieces. You can use your original coffee sleeve as a guide to see how much you should over lap.


5) Pull back the top flap.


6) Apply a line of hot glue from your glue gun.


7) Lay the flap back down and let the glue cool.


8) Pull up the top flap so that the bottom of the inside flap is exposed.


9) Apply a dot of hot glue. Allow to cool.

10) Decorate, and give with a favorite coffee drink. 

You can use anything you would like to decorate your coffee sleeve. Make it special to the person you are giving it to. Encourage them to carry it in their car or purse so that they can save a little bit of paper when they order their next coffee to go.


This is the one that I did. I delivered two of these with hot lattes to two special girls on Thanksgiving morning to let them know I was thinking of them that day.

If you don't feel like making them, and live in southern Minnesota, swing by Sticks and Stones.... I have been busy making 500 of these babies to be handed until Christmas...or until supplies last.

I haven't decided if I am going to put some in my shop yet, but I have been taking a few orders for them, so if you have no desire to make them but would like some to hand out to your favorite people contact me, I would be happy to see if I can accommodate your order.


1 comment:

Capture said...

We love love love LOVE ours and can't wait to have more! xoxo