Baby Onesie



I am excited to share my first ever tutorial with you, it is actually a very easy one...no sewing required!
 {and it is a great way to use up all those left over sewing scraps}
Lately all of my friends, relatives, myself, friends of friends, friends of relatives...{you get the picture}... have been having babies. That is how this great baby gift came about. I was looking for something on a budget but yet thoughtful and cute.

Tools needed:

* Onesies, one for each month (1 through 12) 
(or you can use t-shirts to and make them for a 1year old on up)
* Iron
* No-sew iron on adhesive (I use Heat N Bond Ultrahold)
* Fabric scraps
* Iron on transfer paper


1) Gather your scraps and iron on your adhesive to the back side of the fabric.


2) Print off numbers - remember to make them large enough so that when the proud parents are taking pictures of their chubby little baby you can clearly see how old he or she is.


3) Cut out your numbers and trace them onto your scraps


4) Cut out your numbers, peel of the backing on the adhesive, and iron onto the onesie



5) I also printed off the word "Months" onto transfer paper and ironed them onto the onesie.
* make sure to read the instructions on your transfer paper, I had to mirror the image on my computer first so that "months" read correctly, but each brand is different.

Your DONE... I told you it was easy!

 Parents will love to snap a picture of their ever growing baby in these onesies to mark each month... and ... they will love you for such a thoughtful gift.


{I hope to do more of these tutorials, so stay tuned!}

No comments: