She's about to POP! themed baby shower.

My sister, Ashley and I hosted a baby shower for my cousin this past weekend. We had so much fun planning it, even if we ran into a few road bumps along the way. For example...as I mentioned before, Oscar got sick, which really made it quite difficult to get some of the last minute baking and crafting done...so Ashley said that she would pick up some of my slack, well then at 4:30 am the day of the party, Ashley got called into work! She had to fly off that morning and would return back about the same time the party was ending. Lucky for us, we have an awesome family that all pitched in last minute to help make sandwiches, pick up random items from the store, and help me set up. We finished just in time for the party to begin, and hopefully nobody saw us frantically trying to pull it all together minutes before they arrived.

She's about to POP! baby shower.


{Photos}
1. Personalized labels for the water bottles that said "She's about to POP!"
2. Enjoying some popcorn.
3. Ashley made lots of these tissue pom-pom to place around the room.
4. Cake Pops were a hit! I used this website as my guide, this was my first time making them, and I was just going to do a test run, but they were so easy and turned out great that I used my first batch at the shower.
5. The boxes I made for the popcorn bar all lined up ready to be filled.
6. The soon to be Mom and the soon to be Grandma!
7.  As prizes for the games, I dyed muslin to create a ombre scarves in grey, navy, and sky blue. I used my own technique, but Martha does something similar here.
8. The invitations, we stitched together two pieces of vellum paper to slide the invitation into, then we filled it with confetti, so when they pulled the invitation out, the confetti came out too.
9. Flavored popcorn bar. {Saltwater Taffy, Sugar Glaze, and Cheesecake}  We ordered from Kalli's Popcorn Shopand would recommend them to anyone, the popcorn was so good, they bent over backwards to make our popcorn the colors of our party, and put up with many phone calls from me to get the perfect shades of blue and gray.
10. My cousins, aunt, and new baby Grayson, wearing some of the scarves I made.
11. Snap, crackle, POP bars, with miniature bunting. 
12. The glasses and straws ready for drinks. The paper straws are from here.

1 comment:

Capture said...

Oh seriously..you've got Martha beat!! Love this whole thing!! xo